Saturday, April 7, 2018

I Still Imagine


I still imagine
mostly when I am asleep
I still have dreams
and promises to keep

I let distractions
keep me in a daze
a life out of control
without the purple haze
minor infractions
keep me off my game
a world of apathy
a world of guilt and shame
a world of delusions
a world of lies and pain
a world of madness
a world of going insane
a world of sadness
a word of inside a brain
I still imagine
we can love again

was it just your innocence
or did you really understand
would you live another life
always holding my hand
can two become one in this world
or is that fantasy
can fairy tales become real
what is reality?

I still imagine
a world living as one
with no possessions
nothing to spoil the fun

there is more to this
waiting for you
your part is for you to write
you know it's true

two hands holding
two hands working
one being living
one shared life

to hearts beating
two minds bonding
one direction
man and wife
equal partners
one shared life

No comments:

Post a Comment