Saturday, May 12, 2018

As Much As Anything Else

An email arrived to let me know that a blog entry from 2005 had a broken link, so I went back to the entry and fixed the link and added another half dozen links cuz it was there, out of the blue. Then, as if guided by some unseen force (like the brain cells in the head, ya know?), continued the retrospective journey through the previous daily (kind of randomly started in the middle, for what it's worth) that was not exactly mind blowing, but it was as profoundly moving on some level (if I was awake) as anything, true story. Then, as if guided by yet another email, I almost discovered the strangest man on the internet again, by many names known as many strangers are.

and I had friends once
true friends, real friends, once
friend who would take care of me
if I was falling down drunk
or helpless in some other way
the way I helped so many
yesterday

and sometimes I wonder who cares
and sometimes I wonder why
sometimes I wonder who's out there
sometimes I wonder eye to eye
but everyone turns and looks away
nobody ever wants to stay
I seem to ask too much of humanity
all I ask for is... honesty

so sometimes I just throw caution to the winds
sometimes I wonder if it means anything
sometimes I wonder where I've been
sometimes I wonder why I sing

what do you see
philosophy?
honestly
do you even know me

After all is said and done, can't we just have fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment